Many people believe that armed security guards are the only ones who can protect buildings. However, unarmed security guards have their own pros and cons to consider before making a decision about which type of guard they should hire. This article will discuss some of these pros and cons so you can make an informed decision for your company. Information can be found here.
Unarmed security guards have some distinct pros and cons when compared to their armed counterparts. See here for information about Entry-Level Security Guards – What They’re Supposed to Do.
Let’s take a look at both:
- Unarmed security guards are less likely to startle or intimidate people, which can lead to violence.
- They are often less expensive than armed guards.
- They may be able to blend in more easily with the environment and surroundings.
- An unarmed guard may not be able to defend themselves or others if confronted by an assailant.
- They may be less likely to deter crime or criminals.
- If they are attacked, they may not have any way to fight back.
So, what do you think? Our unarmed security guards are a good idea in your situation, or would you prefer an armed guard instead? If you need any help with security guards, don’t hesitate to get in touch.